30 April 2012

Our week


Everly and I spent the last week living at my Mum and Dad's while Mark painted our kitchen/dining, laundry and toilet. Ceilings, walls, skirtings, window frames, door frames. My amazing husband used the Anzac Day public holiday, two days of annual leave and his entire weekend to get it finished in time, only stopping for a quick lunch break. He is truly awesome! The walls were a horrible dirty grey, now they are a crisp white to suit the rest of the house (which we painted before Everly was born). We also (finally!) had our vintage industrial light shade installed, after it had been sitting in storage for two years. It sits directly above our dining table (which isn't in the picture as we hadn't moved the furniture back in yet). I'm in love!


Everly loved looking out the windows at her Oma and Nonno's. Our house was built in the 50s so the windows are all adult waist height, so she was loving the fact she could see outside into the garden from every room of their house!


We recently signed up to a CSA (community supported agriculture) with Jupiter Creek Farm and we received our first box of organic fruit and veg on Thursday. Our usual shopping routine is Sunday mornings as a family to the farmers market for fruit, veg, eggs and bread, then Everly and I take a solo trip to the central market on Tuesdays to buy meat, dried goods and gluten free/dairy free things, and fruit and veg we can't get on Sundays, like bananas. But with our weekends full for the next month or so (birthdays, baby showers, weddings), it will be impossible for us to get to the farmers market. So I decided to give Jupiter Creek a go. It will be different menu planning after instead of before, and I'm really going to miss our Sunday morning adventures, but I'm willing to give it a shot. Even if we do it for a couple of months until our weekends quieten down.


Especially if we get delicious organic produce like this every week - a pomegranate, shared in the backyard with Mark and Everly (and Billy).

I hope you all had a lovely weekend!

4 comments:

  1. What an awesome hubs! looks so nice and fresh! Loving that light too! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the stories behind the IG pics...interested to hear how the meal planning goes...
    (i feel like 'meal planning' is on everyone's lips/blogging fingertips at the moment!)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the link to Jupiter creek. Am so keen to support local hills farmers. You should make a visit up to the stirling markets, sounds like you love your markets as much as we do x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - it always makes my day! x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...