05 October 2011

♥ ♥ ♥

Well, so much for my goal of blogging once a week! Time has a tendency to disappear since becoming a mummy. The past month was a whirlwind of birthdays, an engagement party, Mark's first Father's Day, a few long lunches with some mummy friends and their babes, plus an eventful drive to Melbourne to visit our new niece Ilsie Scarlet (where our car broke down at 5.30am on the freeway a few kilometres outside of Ballarat - not fun with a 3.5 month old!).

This week I am enjoying -


poppies from the farmers market (where we've decided to now do our weekly shopping, instead of the Adelaide Central Market, as we are penny pinching!),


vegan chocolate cake from this recipe (now that I am avoiding dairy in my diet due to Everly's monster power throws), and


Everly's funny faces - Get this camera outta my face, Mum!

P.S. That may or may not be my fourth piece of cake today.

5 comments:

  1. love the poppies.. stunning! and i know exactly what you mean about time disappearing between blog posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That drive to Melbourne is a killer, we went via Mildura recently. Those poppies are lovely, which market do you go to? We were going to Gepps Cross when I was pregnant but I got tired of being trampled and haven't been back.
    How are you finding the diet? Eve has improved so much without dairy and my skin has been improving which is an added bonus.
    Everly has beautiful hair!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh good to see you back... that cake (and that baby) look delicious!

    X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just had to come back and say thanks for the link to the cake it's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lila, we go to the Adelaide Showground farmers market now. I used to be a stallholder there when it first opened, and they had their 5th birthday on Sunday so we decided to go check it out to see how much it had changed. We can get pesticide free veg and free range chicken for much cheaper there than the central markets. I've never been to Gepps Cross, but I might give it a go one day as we now live 5 mins from there! I'm finding the diet has improved Everly's reflux, although she is still having some problems. I hope they improve with age and once she can sit up by herself! And, how good is that cake?! Hubby and I ate the whole thing in 24 hours between us, yum yum!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - it always makes my day! x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...