14 October 2011
♥ ♥ ♥
We co-sleep with Everly, so her bassinet is next to our bed. She wakes at least twice a night to feed, so we also have a chair. She's starting to get a little too big for the bassinet, so we now also have her cot at the foot of the bed, ready for when we make the move. (Although, as you can see, its current purpose is my own personal clothes hanger!)
As she generally goes down for the night a couple of hours before we do, we have found ourselves undressing in the loungeroom and tiptoeing into the bedroom. How ever hard I try, I never seem to find time in the day to put our clothes back, and it's kind of pointless anyway as we just do the same thing all over again that very evening. (If we have visitors, however, I promptly pick it all up and dump it somewhere out of sight.)
Don't get me wrong, I love having Everly in our room! I know she feels safer, and it makes my life a lot easier at the moment as I don't have to leave the room to feed her in the middle of the night.
But I can't help dreaming about what it would be like to get undressed and into my pj's in my own room, and talk to Mark without whispering, and, shock horror!, perhaps even read a book or a magazine in bed with the light on! Not to mention having less clutter in our bedroom, and a tidier loungeroom.
Has anyone else experienced this? Or are we the only crazy oddballs who use their couch as a wardrobe?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



We don't have that problem! As soon as we came home from the hospital, we told our family and friends to speak normally since we live in a small condo. At 6 months, even when our dog barks, she doesn't wake up :)
ReplyDeleteAnd about the light, well, what do you do during nap time (during the day)?
You have a nice design style...love the little flags, the cot and the bassinet. Lovely!
Oh my goodness, you just described my life, except Bertie is nearly 2! Sadly we don’t have enough bedrooms for us all (London living is extortionate), so Bertie shares with us. Every night, just like you, we have to quietly undress outside the room (our clothes often stay on the floor there for a day or two), open the door handle as quietly as possible and tiptoe in. I say just the same to Dan...how lovely it would be to go to bed with the light on and read, or chat! And can I add that Bertie still wakes several times in the night, darn it! I keep saying we should get a sofa bed, so at least we have our own space, but Dan isn’t so keen on sleeping on one.....I guess we just ned to earn more £££ ! I would probably find it very strange without Bertie with us now though and be checking him all night. Your room looks cosy and I like the bunting and pillowcases :) Have a lovely weekend x
ReplyDeleteMila is now in her own room, but we still have a portacot in our room for her. It's more like a portawardrobe!
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by my blog
With the bub still in belly, I can't really comment much on the sleeping situation (yet!) but I can bloomin' well comment on how lovely your room is. Bunting - awesome, bassinet - so cute. Pillows - yeah, i'll take those too! And sofa as a wardrobe...my husband rocks that. Seriously. I collected 5 hoodies, his dressing gown and a pair of socks from one of ours this morning. Boys!! xx
ReplyDeleteClaudia, we find Everly sleeps through a lot of loud noises too. I think we are just protective of our sleep, so we tiptoe in just in case! :) During the day she sleeps in our room but with the blinds closed.
ReplyDeleteKerry, it's comforting to know we aren't the only ones! We eventually would like to transition Everly into her own room, as luckily we have the space, but until now we will just have to keep going with the 'lounge aka wardrobe' situation!
Nell, I'm glad to know we aren't the only ones who use the lounge as a clothes dumping ground! :)
Thank you all for your lovely comments about our bedroom! x
Mili O, your comment about the portawardrobe made me giggle! :)
ReplyDelete