

Poppies from the farmers market - bright oranges and yellows, then later in the week new blooms appeared in peach and pink /
Dining table scene /
A fallen Autumn leaf collected on our day out at the Botanic Gardens /
Full fruit bowl - we have been devouring new season apples and pears /
Delicious, crusty no-knead spelt bread using this recipe /
Peekaboo! /
Everly's latest 'game': pulling the shoelaces out of her shoes (fun for Everly but not fun for Mum, especially when we're running late for playgroup!) /
Autumn leaves collected and taped to the playroom wall /
A single bloom on the bathroom windowsill in lovely late afternoon light. Whenever I buy a bunch of flowers I like to scatter single blooms about the house - the bathroom, the lounge, on the bedside table. Flowers make me happy! /
Joining Emily from The Beetle Shack in a weekly collection of snaps.



i adore poppies and they would have to be right up there amongst my favourite flowers. they are such bright happy flowers. i have a dream that one day we will own some suitable land and i will be able to be a poppy farmer.
ReplyDeletetell me, where do you keep your sourdough starter to keep it warm enough at this time of the year. i had so much trouble with mine last year as our house is quite cool and we have no sunny window sills. hence the starter died. your bread looks so yum!
x
I just love poppies! My mum and dad both migrated from a little village in China back in the 60's and often tell me how these gorgeous flowers blossomed freely in the fields where they once lived! Could you imagine that?! Being surrounded by fields of happiness - Absolute heaven in my eyes :) Have a wonderful week Jess.
ReplyDeleteSophie xo
Beautiful poppies, one of my favourite flowers. I grew Californian poppies in the garden this past summer and I just loved them. I've never seen them for sale before. x
ReplyDeleteI love the stills from around the house and o those cheeky eyes! We're loving the pears and apples as well, so tasty. I've already added the bread recipe to my bookmarks! I'll have to try it - thank you!
ReplyDeleteWhat lovely poppies! And I heart Everly's shoes!
ReplyDeletePoppies in a vase are just magical aren't they
ReplyDeleteLovely leaves popping up everywhere too
i have a thing for poppies too. obviously!! love these photos, looks like tim worked his magic at the nursery! also love those purple shoes. had them on the want list forever and simply forget when piper's feet bust out of whatever shoes she has been wearing. love to you this week. xx
ReplyDeletewhen I saw the title of your blog I thought you might be Canadian (like me), given that the moose is a stereotypical Canadian image - but I see that you're Australian, which is nearly as good ;)
ReplyDeleteLovely pics, happy to be stopping by from Beetle Shack :)
Gorgeous poppies! That fresh bread looks delicious, too :)
ReplyDeleteFlowers do have a magical way of bringing happiness don't they? I love the little cutie playing peek-a-boo.
ReplyDeleteSuch gorgeous little moments. Those poppies are amazing! And what adorable little shoes!
ReplyDeleteSophie x
Love those cheery flowers. I keep meaning to try baking spelt bread, I shal make it my next bakey endeavour. I've been using a gluten free flour blend recently and it's not so great. That bread looks delish.x
ReplyDelete