19 September 2010

plenty by yotam ottolenghi




'Plenty' by Yotam Ottolenghi hit our shelves a few weeks ago (I am lucky enough to work for a company that also operates a fine food store), and I was immediately captivated by the beautiful cover illustration. Looking inside, I discovered it was a vegetarian cookbook. This is exactly what I've been looking for - I often find myself using meat in every meal, mainly because I struggle to create interesting vegetarian meals on the fly. The delicious photography and flavour combinations in this one book alone has given me all the inspiration I need.


I love the simple yet beautiful illustrations, used to section the recipes into categories. Above: Mushrooms. Below: Roots.


The photography (by Jonathan Lovekin) is stunning. The food jumps right out the page.


I immediately want to make this potato salad.


And this - Shakshuka (aka baked eggs).


This looks devine - black pepper tofu.


Perfect picnic food - pasta, fried zucchini and edamame salad with torn buffalo mozzarella.


Suddenly I can't wait until eggplants come into season. I want to eat this - now.


Nothing beats the simplicity of quality ingredients - ripe summer tomato and fresh buffalo mozzarella.


Soba noodle, eggplant and mango salad. Bring on summer, I say!

(Now the hard part: I have to stop looking and start cooking...)

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that looks like such a fab book. I love the drawings of the mushrooms! My husband would love this book...and I would love him to cook everything in it for me, hehe!! xx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - it always makes my day! x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...