21 August 2010
saturday mornings
Our Saturday mornings usually run the same. We wake up, Billy comes up in bed for a cuddle, we get up and make ourselves look respectable, then head off to the Central Market. We usually go straight to the Barossa Fine Foods stall to see if they have any organic meat left, then we cross the aisle to Dough to buy our sourdough bread. Then it's across the road to Wilson's Organics to stock up on fruit and veggies and fuel up on coffee. We have to go back inside the market to get to the carpark, so we sometimes stop along the way to buy some mushies from the Mushroom Man or fresh pasta for dinner from Lucia's.
I love our little Saturday morning adventure - it's the first sign the weekend is here. We stop to chat to the familiar faces along the way. The girls at Wilson's are particularly lovely - they always ask about our house renovations or want to know how Billy is settling in.
Once home, we usually do a cook-up of bacon and eggs. This morning though, the brioche at Dough caught my eye, so we bought a half loaf. I still have loads of beautiful frozen raspberries I bought from an Adelaide Hills farmer at the Adelaide Showground Farmers Market earlier in the year, so I stirred them with a little sugar and a squeeze of lemon. The result was soft, buttery french toast with raspberry sauce. A most delicious start to the weekend, don't you think?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love reading your comments - it always makes my day! x