21 December 2012

A HANDMADE CHRISTMAS







Our attempts at a handmade Christmas:

1) Making our own wrapping paper
2) Beeswax tea cup candle for my dear friend, Tess, who is a proud tea cup collector. I'm really proud of this and so hope she loves it! (And doesn't disown me for 'ruining' a tea cup!)
3) A tiny knitted cat (not made by me, but handmade nonetheless) for Tess's daughter and Everly's best friend, Dahlia, who is a mad cat lover. I know she will adore it!

I had grand plans to make salt dough ornaments (inspired by Steph), make my own Christmas cards, and do lots of Christmas baking, but all of that has been scrapped for a lazy and oven-free weekend (the very last one before Christmas! Where did December go?!)

I've really enjoyed visiting my favourite blogs each week and seeing what you've all been making for Christmas this year. You are so inspiring! (Hello, tea cup succulents and hand illustrated mugs! Amazing!)

6 comments:

  1. There's so many things I would like to do too and just not enough time, which makes what you did make quite special. I've always wanted to try the candle and teacup. It is such a lovely gift. Thank you so much for the mention. I'm quite flattered!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous... we've been hand making a lot of things this Christmas, too! That first photo is just stunning, by the way xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet. I love all your handmade christmas creations.

    I'm sad to say that I've hardly done anything this year. We stuck paper onto cardboard and made it into a christmas tree...but it kind of evolved by accident. It's not because I don't want to (I love Christmas) but for some reason I can't seem to get myself organised for crafty stuff this Christmas. Not to worry. I'm happy with a decorated christmas tree, presents and plans for yummy food.

    I hope you have a magic Christmas Jess. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS. ohmygosh, those curls in the top photo!! She's gorgeous :D

      Delete
  4. your girl is just so precious. that top photo is amazing. i had big plans to be an elf with lists and lists of items to make. turns out my mind is distracted with cleaning and sorting the home {nesting is all consuming}. if your friend does not love the teacup it would find a happy home here! merry christmas beautiful lady, xx ashley

    ReplyDelete
  5. Little Everly - you are simply adorable...I can't wait till the Sass can help me paint and print some wrapping paper. So much fun ahead x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - it always makes my day! x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...