10 December 2010
flat
I might just take a nap right here, thank you. (Photo via Cup Of Jo.)
The last week felt like it took a year to be over. I finally escaped from a difficult work situation, one which I have not been happy with since the day it started. Nine months later, it's all over. Sometimes I should listen more to my gut and not my head.
I feel like I should be energetic, full of life, ready for the next thing that awaits. Instead, I'm feeling a little... flat. I have been sleeping in, pottering around the house, occasionally mustering up enough energy to go out to do some grocery shopping, only to return home to bake lemon curd cupcakes. I'm not sure if it's my body telling me I need a good rest, the baby draining all my energy, or the fact I am only just realising the enormity of the situation I'm in. That I am finally where I wanted to be - free to start projects I have had in the back of my mind for years, to work for myself, to create an exciting, new future.
Or the fact we have a mortgage and bills to be paid, and - no matter how lovely it sounds - I can't just sit at home baking cupcakes for the next five months before the baby arrives. Hmmm...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hi Jess,
ReplyDeleteI can't find an email contact for you, but you won the Ubabub prize on Daily Imprint and we'd love to send it to you. Please contact me natalie[at]nataliewalton.com
Many thanks,
Natalie
Hi Natalie. Wow, I completely didn't know I'd won! That's fantastic! I will email you now :) Thanks, Jess x
ReplyDelete