01 November 2012

EVERLY'S ROOM








Everly's first months were spent in our room, either snuggled up with us in the big bed, or next to me in her bassinet or cot. When she moved into her own room it sat undecorated for many months -- the room looked out onto the carport, it never received any natural light and it just didn't feel right.

A few weeks ago, I cleared out the study and moved Everly into her new space. When she wakes in the morning and I open the blind, she now sees clear blue skies, the lush green of our backyard and the beautiful sunlight streaming through the window. Ah, finally! It feels oh-so right.

Her room is very simple -- a cot, a chair, a dresser and a wardrobe. A rabbit nightlight, a little teddy from Maiike, a couple of prints and treasured toys on a shelf. She sleeps beneath the violet patchwork quilt she was given on her Naming Day, and her name is on the wall.

It's simple and it's perfect.

5 comments:

  1. I would love to wake up in that room! Not much beats rising to the sun shining in your window.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is perfect. Such a sweet space. There is nothing quite like sunlight streaming through the windows.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet, Jess. Natural light is so uplifting. I just love your old windows though - they remind me of the ones from my old art deco (rental) apartment in Elizabeth Bay. Sweet dreams in your room, little E x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful peaceful place to rest :) I love a simple and calm room for a child......so homely and comforting x Love the little bunny light - is that from Dragonfly toys? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the Heico lamp. Like this http://www.larkmade.com.au/rabbit-lamp.html, except I bought it from ebay for a lot cheaper. x

      Delete

I love reading your comments - it always makes my day! x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...