It once was the place we escaped to when we were both frustrated and needed some air, but it's quickly become a regular morning and afternoon activity. The Waldorf/Steiner way of living makes so much sense to me now -- the in-breath and the out-breath, a gentle rhythm to the day. In and out, in and out. Our days go much more smoothly when I incorporate two chunks of free play outside. When it's raining, and we're cooped up in the house, we both clearly suffer from it. Next winter I will be buying myself and Everly a spray jacket and some gumboots - so we can both drink in the wild air every day, rain or shine.
These photos were taken last week in the early evening light when she woke from her big afternoon sleep, still dressed in her nice clothes from a morning playdate with a friend. She was having so much fun, I didn't want to disturb her. (Enjoy this moment, clothes can always be washed...) My gorgeous girl with her intense, frowning, 'I'm concentrating' face (just like her Mama), her long sweeping fringe, and those curls! (Excuse the yucky runny nose, she was teething.)
These pictures are stunning. Capturing the moment is what play for children should be all about... runny noses and 'good' clothes combined! Good on you for recognising and valuing the importance of Everly's exploration above all else. LOVE!
ReplyDeletefields-of-sage.blogspot.com
I love the snotty last picture, her face is amazing- focused and beautiful. My garden is my escape too. X ashley
ReplyDeleteGetting outdoors makes such a difference to how a day can run. I sometimes have to force myself, but it's always worth it, even when the washing pile triple in one afternoon!
ReplyDeleteI love the concentrating face! Big hugs to you all xxx
She really is so beautiful. I agree, I feel quite awful when I haven't spent any time outdoors. I'll have to make more of an effort to enjoy our sunshine this week... lovely words.
ReplyDelete:)
Hello little E! Getting out in the garden always makes us feel better too. xx
ReplyDeleteHI Jess, I follow your blog and Jodi from Che & Fidel and i noticed you her blog that you have sakura bloom sling. I wust wanted to ask your option if you dont mind??
ReplyDeleteI have a 4yr old 2 yr old and 6 mth old so convience and being hands free is essential for me.
I currently use a ergo carrier for my son and love it but i find when he is awake its every enclosed. He also loves just being on my hip.
Do you find that the sling is comfortable, supportive and easy to wear on the hip?? I have tried on a few similiar ones here (in Melbourne) and they had unnessesary padding and stuff and i wouldnt have let Baylin go as he felt like he was going to fall out.
Sorry for the long post just trying to way up if its worth investing :) Thanks in advance xx
eek yes, those curls! Don't they make your heart swoon?!
ReplyDeleteMy little boy is exactly the same and I love that he loves the great outdoors. I hope my daughter follows suit. Great photos too. x
ReplyDeleteThose curls! Adorable. I like your thoughts on rhythm. We keep things nice and slow here too. I hope you and your gorgeous Everly are happy...and well now too. xx
ReplyDelete