27 July 2012

grateful



Last week I was the oh-so lucky winner of this fantastic giveaway from the lovely Jodi at Che & Fidel.

I am still in shock! 

It is an amazing prize package of beautiful baby products, with many of my favourite businesses featured. Every day yet another little package arrives on my doorstep - it is seriously like Christmas! The Tortellini cushion by Studio Skinky and the organic cotton change mat cover from econino arrived today - I loved both of these products when I was pregnant but I just couldn't justify the cost at the time (I unexpectedly stopped working at 15 weeks so we were on a tight budget after that). The cushion will definitely come in handy for those first few months of constant breastfeeding with our next baby (goodbye stinky, stained U pillow!) and I've already slipped on the change mat cover in Everly's room... it's beautiful. I am so excited to see what the postie brings next week! (I'm secretly uber-excited to be receiving one of Jess's amazing Hello Milky softies - how cute are they?!). 

I am so, so, very grateful to be on the receiving end of this amazing display of generosity! A huge thank you to all of the businesses involved and to Jodi for making it all possible! And it couldn't have come at a more perfect time as I've just had two close friends become first-time Mummas (one of those to twins!) and another friend due to birth her second child any day now. I'm sure I can spread the love a little ;)

It is sure nice to feel the positive change in our house after the dense fog of the past month (the reason for my blogging absence). After Everly's birthday celebrations, she went straight into a two week bout of terrible teething (hello molars!), followed by two weeks of her very first nasty cold. Poor little E wanted to breastfeed constantly, which unfortunately (due to some health issues of mine) really takes it toll on my body and energy levels. 

Thankfully the runny nose has now stopped and we are back to spending our days outside in the sunshine, discovering new places in the backyard. 

Photo: Everly's new favourite spot to explore, between our rickety shed and the old water tank.

[For those who are waiting, the raw brownie recipe will be up in a couple of days, I promise!]

3 comments:

  1. Welcome back! Ive missed seeing your posts! Glad to hear Everly's on the mend. Nora's going through the molar issues at present. Poor things! That prize looked amazing - congrats! Sounds like It arrived at a good time. Take care. L.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yay! Will be lots of fun receiving all those parcels in the mail. I love love love my tortellini cushion - one of my best pregnancy buys for sure....glad to hear you're out of the fog. ugh, winter colds are just horrid. we're still battling them here :( x
    ps. sweetest pic

    ReplyDelete
  3. Couldn't go to a sweeter family xx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - it always makes my day! x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...