28 June 2012

everly turns one!



















We celebrated Everly's first birthday and Naming Day at our local community centre, surrounded by our closest family and friends.

We shared the meaning behind her name Everly Violet (I may or may not have choked up a little), blessings were read by her 
Oma and Nonno and Nana and Papa, and Mark and I said promises to Everly for everyone to witness. It was short and sweet, but very emotional. 

Afterwards we ate homemade sausage rolls and fairy bread, sang 'Happy Birthday' (as you can see above, the birthday girl was a little shy) and served up the giant violet ombré layer cake (now, that was a labour of love!). I even made Everly her very own dairy-free and gluten-free mini layer cake, topped with hundreds and thousands in the shape of a heart (you can see it here). She was a little hesitant at first but it didn't take long for her to smoosh her finger into the icing, quickly followed by both her hands!

The birthday girl was a total star on the day - toddling around the room (yes, we now have a walker! Everly took her first steps on her birthday and hasn't stopped since!), playing with her friends, and having cuddles with family members. 


Mark and I had a ball, too. In a way, it was also a celebration for us. We survived the first year! ;)

I can always tell I've had fun at a party because I haven't taken any (quality) photos. I quickly snapped a few of the above when I had a spare 30 seconds, and the rest were captured by my brother-in-law (thanks Ash!). 


16 comments:

  1. Happy first birthday to your darling little girl Everly (and happy first year of being a mama!). Looks like a beautiful day Jess. I love the photos of her eating her cake :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a wonderful day! The pics are gorgeous and I just love all the little details :) The cake is amazing, all your hard work paid off! Love Everly's outfit, especially the little bow, she is so darn adorable! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your lovely words Donna :) It was a magical day!

      Delete
  3. Aw, she's so gorgeous. Just love that snuggle she's giving you in the pic of the three of you. Priceless. Am sure the naming story was beautifully written - that will be so precious to Everly when she grows up.

    Was looking forward to these pics! Adore your idea of the photo timeline...I'd love to do something similar for Sassy. And THAT cake. Oh I appreciate the hours that would have gone into that.

    (hope you received the little book in the post - I sent it a little late) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Claire :) I love that photo too - she got a little shy while we all sang 'Happy Birthday' to her :) I saw the photo timeline on a blog but now I can't remember where!

      Delete
  4. Happy birthday sweetiepie! How lucky you are to have such a clever mom, I could use a cake like that on my birthday;) x ashley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I could bake it and post it, I so would! ;) Thanks Ashley x

      Delete
  5. You know, apart from my own children, Everly is the most sweetest girl I think i have ever laid eyes on. I always, always smile, and literally say "awww" whenever I see a picture of her. It looks like you had a beautiful celebration. I love the photo's. the snuggles and the concentration in her eyes whilst touching the cake - Love!! Congratulations on the first year.
    Much love to you xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww, thanks so much lovely for your beautiful comment! We had such a magical day, it was wonderful :) x

      Delete
  6. Everly, one already?! What a little beauty you are. Looks like such a fun party, and so stylish. I love her hair so much! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right?! How quickly the first year flies! We had such a fun time, and it did turn out a bit 'stylish' although it wasn't really my intention haha! Thanks Nell :) x

      Delete
  7. Happy Birthday Everly! I love the mini cake you made for her, so so sweet. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute party! I love the ombré cake! Everly is adorable! My little boy just had his 1st birthday too! We did some similar things, like those big balloons! Aren't those fun!?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I only just saw this today! The photos are gorgeous, just like your little bubba, although not so little anymore. Wish we could have been there to share the day, and would love to know the meaning behind Miss EV's name one day :) Its great to see you guys so happy xxx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - it always makes my day! x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...