13 May 2012
happy mother's day
Some beautiful afternoon light finally prompted me to dig out the SLR and take some 'proper' photos.
1) flowers from my Mama, who on Saturday brought over homemade chicken soup and a pantry-full of groceries when she found out Mark and I were sick with the flu. She also took Everly out for two hours to the local park so we could have a break, then cleaned our kitchen and folded all the washing while we all napped. Happy Mother's Day to my beautiful, kind-hearted and generous mother - I love you to bits!
2) jars of dried goods. I currently have an obsession with quinoa. I have made quinoa porridge with almond milk, lamb koftas and quinoa tabbouleh, and am going to make quinoa patties this week from this book. Do you have any favourite quinoa recipes?
3) I am in love with our freshly painted white kitchen, and our new rangehood. (I still can't believe we survived for two years with no fan above the stove. Windows were open in the middle of winter and the smoke alarm went off quite regularly!)
Despite being poorly on my first Mothers' Day, I've had lots of cuddles and kisses from my baby girl, had breakfast in bed and was surprised with a lovely handmade card and an endota spa massage voucher which I can't wait to cash in!
I hope all the Mums out there have had a wonderful love-filled day! xxx
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Happy mothers day Jess! I hope you feel better soon.
ReplyDeleteI recently made these delicious quinoa fritters by Donna Hay (http://www.donnahay.com.au/recipes/broccoli-bacon-and-quinoa-fritters). I'm yet to try quinoa porridge. I will have to give that one a whirl. x
Happy mother's day to you too Nicole! I am feeling much better now thanks! Thank you for the quinoa fritters recipe - they look delicious! I'm definitely going to give them a go. x
DeleteHappy first mothers day! {did i say that on instagram already?} anyhow, hope you are back to full health soon. Love you photographs too. xx
ReplyDeleteThanks Jody! x
DeleteLove love love the shelf of jars. I'm going to have to 'pin' that! Also love a nurturing Mama bringing over nourishing meals. Aren't we lucky to live close by our Mums (for so many reasons)?
ReplyDeletex
ps. We're quinoa-converted in this house too. I've just been making lentil patties with quinoa (I love them, but a little boring maybe?)...but I have bookmarked this recipe to try - sounds much more interesting...
http://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/cuisine/vegetarian/recipe/quinoa-redrice-and-blacklentil-salad-with-spicy-cauliflower-20111125-1nxoh.html
I love my ikea jars too :) We have an old 1950s kitchen with no pantry, so this is where I keep all my 'baking' and dried goods stuff. Plus it looks pretty on display :)
DeleteThanks for the link to the quinoa salad! It sounds so yummy! We have a huge cauliflower to get through this week so this would be perfect. x
What lovely photos.
ReplyDeleteThank you! :)
Delete