A portrait of my daughter, once a week, every week, in 2013.
In true Jess-style the camera stayed in its case all week until I sat down to browse my favourite blogs this morning and suddenly remembered 'Uh oh! I'm supposed to be starting The 52 Project!'. Everly was happily playing so I pulled out the camera and snapped away. I had many photos to choose from of her playing with the sunscreen bottle (sneakily fished out from my handbag) - her furrowed brow as she tried to open the cap, the delight when she succeeded, and her grin when she managed to squeeze a little bit out on her fingertip. But instead I chose this one - she paused for just a moment to lean against the lounge, listening to her Daddy and Papa outside fixing the car, as the sunlight streaming through the screen cast shadows on the floorboards. The chubby cheeks and button nose are a beautiful reminder of the baby she still is, but I can also see the older Everly here - a little bit pensive and a little bit of a dreamer, just like her Mama.
Joining in with the lovely Jodi.
so lovely. I am very excited about this project!
ReplyDeletexo
How precious! I am loving this series :)
ReplyDeleteBeautiful blog Jess! x
ReplyDeleteAnd somehow you caught that last minute PERFECT window light! In love with this shot! xo
ReplyDeletethat light!
ReplyDeleteshe is so beautiful {of course my thing for adorable red heads may come with a bit of bias},
have a feeling i may have many weeks of last minute snapping!
xx ashley
So very beautiful! I adore how taking these snaps really made you "look" at her and ponder all her loveliness. Such a special capture Hope your week is beautiful :) x
ReplyDeleteand what a gorgeous shot your chose! sometimes its the simple pauses in life that you can capture are make the best photos - so natural xx
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful moment Jess. She really does look lost in those voices. I'm looking forward to seeing how Everly grows over the next year. Happy New Year to you xo
ReplyDeleteThis so lovely! This year I decide to start on the 365days project but looking at yours make me feel like taking part in this too!
ReplyDeleteThe light, those curls, her eyelashes. Perfection. Thank you for sharing.
ReplyDeleteBella xx
lovely moment captured!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful capture! She is delightful!
ReplyDeleteHave a wonderful week.
This is beautiful. I love the unconventional portraits. What a beautiful description of the moment too.
ReplyDeletea beautiful portrait to start the year- hope you love the project as much as i have :)sarah
ReplyDeleteStaring to the right? A little creative on your hands I think x
ReplyDeletea perfect profile.
ReplyDeletefound you through che and fidel - excited to be following along!
www.mamacase.com
This is like the photo I took of my baby for the first portrait of the year. Although yours has turned out more how I wanted mine to!
ReplyDelete