16 February 2011

confused about cots


I am struggling to find beautiful, but not over-priced, nursery inspiration. The baby industry is much like the wedding industry - it takes a whole lot of extra leg work, research and patience to create a beautiful wedding (nursery) without spending your life savings.

Until yesterday we were buying the Ubabub Nifty Timber cot as we were able to get a 20% discount at a local store, but alas! - we have just been told their manufacturer is backed-up and it won't be available until May (when our little one is due!). So back to the drawing board we go. Prior to deciding on the Ubabub we were going to go with the IKEA Gulliver in white - it is simple and beautiful (and did I mention only $229!)

Seeing it above in this gorgeous nursery is certainly giving me inspiration...

P.S. Does anyone know where I can get my hands on that gorgeous butterfly mobile?

Jo Carmichael's home, via The Design Files

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jess, I'm a fellow Adelaidian that just stumbled upon your blog. Not sure if you're still looking,but the mobile is from Adairs, about $60 I think. P.S. we had the same cake toppers at our wedding last year, good taste!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Sarah! I did a quick scout on google after writing this post and discovered it was available at Adairs. But, alas, I quickly changed my ideas for the room ;) Actually I'm still designing the room - we don't even have a 'nursery' yet and she's almost 3 months old! Oh dear!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - it always makes my day! x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...